£24000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Air Import Supervisor - Bristol - Up to £25,000 + Bonus
Our client who are a global supply chain company are looking for an Air Import Supervisor to join their team in the Bristol area.
The Air Import Supervisor must have a strong background in logistics dealing with Air Imports along with having the ability to define, develop and document business processes and procedures.
Private Medical insurance
Voluntary, contributory Pension Scheme
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Role day to day
* Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
* Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
* Track and Trace Air Import Files and reporting
* Use workboards on daily basis
* Ensure arrival notices are communicated to overseas and customers
* Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
* Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
* Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers (Airline carriers, trucking companies and others involved).
* Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
* Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
* Ensure all customers standard operating procedures in place and updated in the DLSOPs
* Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company's procedures
* Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
* Escalation of problems to Management when necessary.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.