£35000 - £45000 per annum
26 days ago
A multi-site worldwide Freight Forwarder are looking for a Business Development Manager for their site in Essex.
The successful Business Development Manager will have worked for a Freight Forwarder and will have working experience within Operations, Key accounts management or Sales.
Responsible for the identification, acquisition, development and retention of a customer base within the Air & Sea freight modes.
You will be fully accountable for the growth of GP across these modes and in line with a structured sales scheme.
£35K - £45K basic- depending on experience
Impressive bonus structure
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
24 Days holiday
Purpose of role
- Acquire new business by way of a consistent outdoor presence, structured & targeted appointments along with follow up and cold calls. Reporting back to main hub to align with commercial / customer solutions department and hub management.
- Existing client base development, maintenance and retain the assigned sales portfolio as well as an active sales pipeline respecting the set targets and regional goals
- Ensure the achievement of the company's strategic commercial objective
- Identification, follow-up and control of potential targets. Extend the information received from each business contact for possible upgrade / added value which includes IT solutions.
- Promote and develop services within a defined region
- Establish a personal sales agenda, manage their own pipeline reports in accordance with company procedures
- Recording of sales activity in companies CRM system
- Customer quotations and customer tariff management
- Identifying new business and cross selling opportunities
- Achieve given targets as directed by management
- Ensure company compliance in all areas
- Implement new business with key stakeholders within the organisation
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of the competition and marketplace
- Any other tasks deemed commensurate with the role
- Must demonstrate employment within the freight industry of more than 3 years
- Track record of achieving sales targets and objectives
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.