£32000 - £33355 per annum
17 days ago
CNC Late Turner required to join a well established manufacturer in the Knottingley area.
The successful CNC Lathe Turner will have experience setting, running & programming Fanuc controlled CNC Lathes, working to tight tolerances for maintaining and ideally refurbishing all aspects of mould neck equipment.
Salary £32,000 - £33,355
Start times- 7 am / 8 am - 15.00 / 16.00 (Mon to Thu) & 7 am / 8am - 14.30 / 15.30 (Friday)
25 days holiday + 8 statutory bank holidays
Training and development for career progression
Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Carry out checks on mould equipment (both new and used) to ensure that specifications are complied with and correct as necessary.
- Perform lathe work on mould equipment using standard and Computerised Numerical Control (CNC) lathes to ensure that equipment meets specifications.
- Carry out milling, drilling and grinding on mould equipment to ensure that specifications are met.
- Operate a forklift truck in order to move heavy equipment around plant.
- Assist to prepare Job Changes for Production.
- Record daily work repair / inspection activities on job sheet in order to provide an accurate reference point.
- Comply with Company Health and Safety Procedures in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Proactively carry out 5S & Continuous improvement activities.
A recognised apprenticeship level 3 or above (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering with the knowledge of and ability to:
- Program, set and run FANUC controlled CNC lathes.
- Run manual lathes, millers & surface grinders.
- Machine repair / maintenance experience would be highly advantageous, although not essential.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.