£22000 - £26000 per annum
23 days ago
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 (Negotiable) DOE
This role is based within one of the worlds' major logistics and freight forwarding organisations, this is a great opportunity for you become part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference.
With more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide, they welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
This is great career development opportunities to join our innovative Customs Brokerage team.
You will be supported, coached, and equipped with the knowledge and the practical skills to kick start your Customs Brokerage career within our talented Brokerage team. You will learn the basics of Land freight and Customs as well as gaining knowledge of our systems and processes through a blended learning approach, you'll be trained by our subject matter experts, helping support your career development.
- 20 days holiday allowance (+ 8 Bank Holidays) increasing with length of service
- Have your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- Ensuring that all documentation is completed accurately, in a correct manner and presented within the expected time frames as designated by HMRC regulations, raising any potential declarations issues to your immediate supervisor.
- Providing excellent customer service and keeping our customers promptly advised on entry completion and confirmation of VAT and duty costs as received from customs, also advising our customers of any imposed local Customs holds which could affect planned delivery.
- Spotting and raising any issues causing cargo to be delayed through customs clearance documentation errors, especially giving cause to possible demurrage cost and flagging these to the supervisor.
- Administration- All VAT and Duty invoices for which the Customer is liable on costs, to be generated and completed within our Transport Management System.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.