£50000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
28 days ago
Customs Director / Head of Customs - Essex - up to £75,000
We are looking for an experienced, professional, and structured Customs Director/Head of Customs, Customs managing a large Customs team across various locations within the UK.
* Overall responsibility for a team of customs operatives, specialists and Managers.
* Responsibility for the customs clearance process across the business unit
* Accountability for all customs licenses and certificates to be maintained, ensuring they are compliant.
* Working closely with HMRC to ensure full governance.
* Accountability for the Customs KPI's across the business unit.
* Responsible for driving/improving optimisation and process development
* Supporting the business unit providing high level guidance and advice on customs legislation where necessary.
* Overall responsibility for the knowledge of the customs department, ensuring training is provided where necessary
* Driving results regarding governance and process across the business
* Timely decision making, often under complex and demanding circumstances
* Challenging the status quo in order to achieve a culture dedicated to continuous improvement and best practice
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* A strong knowledge and experience UK, and EU customs regulations.
* Global Customs experience is essential for this role, with an up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation's.
* Strong team management experience is essential for this role.
* Extensive experience in a customs multinational environment is essential for this role.
* A strong sense of responsibility and great leadership skills are essential
* Expert knowledge of global customs systems such a CHIEF, Destin8/ICE/ACE, ENS etc.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.