£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Industry: Freight Forwarding
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:30am - 17:00pm
Holiday: 25 Days + 8BH
We are currently recruiting for a service driven Customs Co-Ordinator with an ability to facilitate excellence in customs procedures for our customers. This is a full-time permanent position with potential evening and weekend working hours and you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our client offer a complete end to end supply chain service, from source to shelf, covering all aspects of supply chain management, global logistics, fulfilment and value added services, allowing our customers to maximise the opportunities that exist in today's technology-enabled marketplace.
They live and breathe their Values by being innovative and Agile in everything they do, operating our business with Respect, investing in their People and putting the Customer 1st whilst ensuring Quality is embedded in everything we do.
As Our Customs Co-Ordinator, You Will
Input customs declarations for both Import and Export shipments
Provide support to Customs and Compliance Manager on all matters relating to customs procedures.
Ensure that entries are transmitted to HMRC on time and in accordance with the deadlines set by the customer services and operations teams
Ensure that all the company's processes are 100% compliant with HMRC regulations
Help collate information for any audits, as required by HMRC
Participate and contribute to specific projects, where required. E.g. Authorised Economic Operator
Keep yourself updated and informed of any HMRC legislation changes
Assist in the management of In and Out of bond entries and stock using the Warehouse Management System to ensure that all HMRC regulations are met.
What we are looking for in our ideal Customs Co-Coordinator:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Direct freight forwarding industry experience
- Customs/Bonded experience
- Confident communicator with a polite telephone manner
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to make considered and consistent decisions.
- Attention to detail is essential alongside the ability for fast and accurate data entry
- Proactive in your approach to assigned tasks
Benefits Available To Our Customs Coordinator Are:
- Staff discounts - up to 30% discount with ASOS (after 6 months employment)
- Excellent holiday allocation
- Employee of the month awards (£50 Love2shop vouchers)
- Seasonal fun events & give aways
- Free tea and coffee
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.