£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
22 days ago
Customs Manager - Manchester - Up to £40,000
This growing multi-site freight forwarder are looking for a Customs Manager to come join at their site in Manchester.
The Customs Manager will oversee two sites and will support the company with all things customs.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 depending on experience.
Day to day
- Run and control daily review meeting with the custom teams from both sites.
- Generate & submit Entry Summary Declarations (ENS) to TSS, GMR
- Control of Warehouse bond.
- Trade goods between GB & ROI by verifying invoices and spreadsheets
- Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority.
- Ensure all HMRC documents are prepared correctly and that the depots receive clear instruction on cargo
- Lead HMRC contact for all group communication between the business and HMRC
- Maintain regular communication with sales team and traffic team to get missing information on consignment page and invoice
- General Customer Advice and help during the process and for onboarding new clients
- Release goods and keep clients updated on the consignment status.
- Creating the spreadsheet with raw data from invoice when client is unable to produce one.
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their requirements are fulfilled in line with their booked instructions.
- Communicate with all stakeholders in the delivery process.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures
- Prepare correct/collate documentation to the Customs & Compliance department for Export ensuring all requirements are met.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. invoicing, filing, queries in accordance with the companies' requirements.
- Managerial experience within Customs
- Experience withing the freight forwarding or Logistics sector
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.