17 days ago
Industry: Freight Forwarding
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
We are currently recruiting for a service driven Customs Co-Ordinator with an ability to facilitate excellence in customs procedures for our customers.
Offering a complete end to end supply chain service, from source to shelf, covering all aspects of supply chain management, global logistics, fulfilment and value added services, allowing our customers to maximise the opportunities that exist in today's technology-enabled marketplace.
We live and breathe our Values by being innovative and Agile in everything we do, operating our business with Respect, investing in our People and putting the Customer 1st whilst ensuring Quality is embedded in everything we do.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Input customs declarations for both Import and Export shipments using EDI systems.
- Provide support to Customs and Compliance Manager on all matters relating to customs procedures.
- Ensure that entries are transmitted to HMRC on time and in accordance with the deadlines set by the customer services and operations teams
- Ensure that all the company's processes are 100% compliant with HMRC regulations
- Help collate information for any audits, as required by HMRC
- Participate and contribute to specific projects, where required. E.g. Authorised Economic Operator
- Keep yourself updated and informed of any HMRC legislation changes
- Assist in the management of In and Out of bond entries and stock using the Warehouse Management System to ensure that all HMRC regulations are met.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Confident communicator with a polite telephone manner
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to make considered and consistent decisions.
- Attention to detail is essential alongside the ability for fast and accurate data entry
- Proactive in your approach to assigned tasks
- Staff discounts - up to 30% discount with ASOS (after 6 months employment)
- Excellent holiday allocation
- Employee of the month awards (£50 Love2shop vouchers)
- Seasonal fun events & give aways
- Free tea and coffee
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.