£33000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
A hugely successful and fast growing Engineering company, specialising in the design of bespoke special purpose machinery for hazardous environments, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
As the successful Design Engineer you will have experience of machine design, ideally with experience of hand-calculations.
My client is working in a niche market and offer bespoke design solutions, working from concept stage through to assembly and test. They have been thriving over the past few months, winning new contracts which has lead to substantial growth plans being formulated. My client offer great career development and progression opportunities and the chance to work alongside an enthusiastic and dynamic team.
Salary - £33,000-£45,000 (DOE)
37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri (08:30-16:30)
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
Flexible working hours
- To produce engineering designs and associated engineering documents such as drawings, calculations and reports.
- To issue engineering documents as required.
- To assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- To progress small and medium sized engineering projects, as allocated or working as part of a team on larger projects.
- Project work, in addition to design, will include all aspects of the design process such as draughting and testing of products, as well as other organizational tasks appropriate.
- Substantiation/validation of design output.
- Much have experience using SolidWorks and CAD / Autocad
- Good engineering calculations ability. (Hans calcs, Ansys, FEA experience) would be highly sought after.
- Degree, HNC/HND or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of machine design, e.g. food processing, packaging machinery, ROV, remote handling equipment or similar would be ideal.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.