£35000 - £54000 per annum
23 days ago
Mechanical Draughtsperson required to join a fast-growing engineering company who specialise in bespoke special purpose machinery for highly regulated industries, based in Winchester.
The Mechanical Draughtsperson will be responsible for the production of mechanical engineering drawings compliant with BS8888 and other relevant BS/ISO standards, will have thorough working knowledge of Solidworks and will provide feedback and training to other engineers with respect to best practice draughting techniques and methods.
Salary - £35,000-£54,000
37 hours per week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Friday 08:30-16:30
Flexible working - office/ home
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
Death in service 4x annual salary
Cycle to work scheme
Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
- To produce high-quality engineering drawings, compliant with BS 8888.
- Support Design Engineers during the detail design phase, ensuring proper application of tolerances, limits and fits etc.
- Capture and convey design intent on manufacturing drawings.
- Gain insight and knowledge of the company supply chain to ensure manufacturing capabilities are reflected in the detail designs.
- When required, support the Lead Draughtsperson or other Engineers in the checking of engineering drawings.
- Support the Lead Draughtsperson in the application and update of the company Draughting
- Manual and draughting related procedures.
- The ability to be a hands-on SolidWorks design asset if, and when, required.
- Assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Experience working within highly regulated industry.
- Demonstrable track record in the production of engineering drawings for a range of components, fabrications, and assemblies.
- Able to produce very high-quality engineering drawings in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of conventional manufacturing techniques i.e. machining, sheet metal, fabrication.
- GD&T experience covering appropriate datum selection and hierarchy, correct selection of geometric tolerances, application of maximum and minimum material conditions with respect to geometrical tolerancing.
- Experienced Solidworks user, preferably using PDM.
- Strong working knowledge of BS 8888 and other relevant standards.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.