£39000 - £42000 per annum + 10% Pension
about 1 month ago
Electronics Engineer required to join a global leading precision machining manufacturer in the Luton area.
The successful Electronics Engineer will be part of a team of 4 engineers, reporting directly to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager and will have experience of control systems, electronic testing and fault-finding on precision engineering equipment.
Salary - £39,000-£42,000
Pension Scheme - 10%
25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Maintain, develop and optimise key processes to reduce costs, improve quality, reduce machine resetting time, whilst ensuring all aspects of operations are both safe and efficient.
- Support and prepare capital investment requests by producing technical specifications and assisting with the approval process.
- Support Production process's with in house repairs of Electronic components
- Design, evaluate, lead and implement and commission projects within time and cost constraints.
- Actively participate in Manufacturing Excellence, Six Sigma, 5s and lean manufacturing activities.
- Maintain own knowledge of internal and external developments and translate new ideas into production techniques and procedures.
- Liaise with external contractors to assist in the development and repair of all machinery/plant.
- Communicate presentations and technical reports, both verbally and in writing.
- Bsc Electronic Engineering Degree, or Electronic / Electrical apprenticeship with HNC in Electronics'.
- Experience of the following control systems would be advantageous; Siemens, Mitsubishi & Proface.
- Fundamental electronic design with knowledge of all board components recognition and testing.
- Full competence on electronic testing instruments.
- Good soldering skills. Interfacing and testing on higher voltages desirable.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.