£40000 - £48000 per annum
22 days ago
Engineering Support Supervisor required to join a growing engineering company based in the Winchester area.
As the successful Engineering Support Supervisor you will be the in-house authority for the companies CAD / Solidworks system and will have line-management responsibility for a team of 3 people.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is an expert user of Solidworks and PDM, ideally who is a PDM Administrator Professional (CPAP) or is CSWP or CSWE certified, or who has experience implementing a CAD system into a company.
My client is working in a niche market and offer bespoke design solutions, working from concept stage through to assembly and test. My client offer great career development and progression opportunities and the chance to work alongside an enthusiastic and dynamic team. They also offer a generous relocation package for anyone moving to the area for work.
Salary - £40,000-£48,000 (DOE)
37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri 08:30-16:30
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
Flexible working hours
Relocation package offered
- Responsible for supervising the support functions and CAD systems to support the Engineering department.
- Development of the recently installed Solidworks PDM system, to streamline and improve business operations.
- Provide Solidworks and PDM support and training to the Engineering and Projects teams.
- Line management/ mentoring of the Mechanical Design apprentices and the apprenticeship programme.
- Line management of the Support Engineers (Draughtspersons, Commercial Team Engineers).
- Development of engineering support function to, to streamline and improve business operations.
- Constant review of the Solidworks and PDM to ensure it is optimised and supports the requirements of the companies Integrated Management System. This will include the development of a robust drawings database; an efficient configuration control process; the incorporation of all technical documentation into PDM and the streamlined production of BOM's.
- Creation of standard operating procedures to introduce and develop consistent CAD techniques and rules across the engineering department.
- Providing training internally as required.
- The ability to be a hands-on SolidWorks design and draughting asset when, required.
- An expert user of Solidworks and PDM, preferably with the following Solidworks certifications: PDM Administrator Professional (CPAP)or Mechanical Design (CSWE-Mechanical Design)
- A track record in managing Solidworks and PDM systems within an engineering business environment.
- Experience in introducing PDM will be highly valued.
- Experience in managing and leading small teams of engineers and/or an apprenticeship programme.
- Concept, scheme, and detail design engineering experience.
- Experience working within highly regulated industry, preferably with experience within an ISO 9001 environment.
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.