£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Export Coordinator - West Yorkshire - Up to £28,000
Our client is looking for an Export Coordinator who is experienced in Air Freight to join their team in West Yorkshire.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Source, retain and develop a network of key accounts, customers and overseas agents
* Ship commodities across global markets
* Act as the main point of contact for all freight forwarding activities
* Identify key measures and improve efficiency in freight forwarding activities, delivering ever increasing service levels
* Be at the forefront of preparations for Brexit with customers, agents and suppliers
* Calculate freight quotations for export and import freight
* Follow consignments in transit to completion and invoicing
* Ensure legal compliance to all local and international regulations
* Working with the transport and warehouse operations, provide the customer with a one-stop-shop for all their freight needs
* Drive continuous improvement initiatives that reduce cost and deliver better service
* Act as a Company Ambassador by maintaining a customer focussed and professional approach to service delivery at all time
Qualifications and experience:
* Applicants must be an established freight forwarder
* Proven sales experience would be an advantage.
* Good understanding of Maths and English
* Proficiency with the Office Microsoft package
* Eligibility to work in the UK
* Ability to work collaboratively with others at all levels
* Flexible and able to work efficiently when under pressure
Preferred Qualities and Skills:
* Process minded with the ability to set up effective working practices
* Import/Export, custom clearance or international trade qualification
* Up to date knowledge of ADR regulations
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.