£24000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits
about 1 month ago
Export Coordinator - West Yorkshire - Up to £28,000
Our client is looking for an Export Coordinator who is experienced in Air Freight to join their team in West Yorkshire.
Role and Responsibilities: Export Coordinator
- Source, retain and develop a network of key accounts, customers and overseas agents
- Ship commodities across global markets
- Act as the main point of contact for all freight forwarding activities
- Identify key measures and improve efficiency in freight forwarding activities, delivering ever increasing service levels
- Be at the forefront of preparations for Brexit with customers, agents and suppliers
- Calculate freight quotations for export and import freight
- Follow consignments in transit to completion and invoicing
- Ensure legal compliance to all local and international regulations
- Working with the transport and warehouse operations, provide the customer with a one-stop-shop for all their freight needs
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives that reduce cost and deliver better service
- Act as a Company Ambassador by maintaining a customer focussed and professional approach to service delivery at all time
Qualifications and experience:
- Applicants must be an established freight forwarder
- Proven sales experience would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of Maths and English
- Proficiency with the Office Microsoft package
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to work collaboratively with others at all levels
- Flexible and able to work efficiently when under pressure
Preferred Qualities and Skills:
- Process minded with the ability to set up effective working practices
- Import/Export, custom clearance or international trade qualification
- Up to date knowledge of ADR regulations
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.