£33000 - £35000 per annum
11 days ago
Field Service Engineer required to join a leading engineering company working in the food industry. The successful Field Service Engineer will be multi-skilled with a mechanical bias and will have experience working on machinery such as food presses and extrusion machinery.
This role is home based in the midlands area and requires travel throughout the UK, Ireland and occasional travel to Northern Europe.
Salary - £33,000-£35,000:
Overtime where necessary
Personal Pension Scheme
Life Insurance 3x annual basic salary
25 days paid holidays
- Performance of all repairs, simple to sophisticated
- Performance of machine inspections, together with simple and complex maintenance work
- Performance of simple retrofit actions
- Creation of delegation reports, keeping the customer informed about activities, debriefing them before leaving site.
- Training of customer personnel on site or in the Training Center
- Adjustment of Equipment Maps, according to customer requirements
- Technical support for internal and external customer inquiries CS, including machine troubleshooting
- Engineering Trouble Shooting over the phone
- Provide efficient and professional on site service work
- Promotes sales of spare parts, wear parts upgrades, retrofits and service work
- Timely processing of Time Sheets and associated reports
- Compliance with Health and Safety at all times such as method statements and risk assessments.
- Technical advice, support and training
- Mechanical, Electrical, and pneumatic engineering qualifications (e.g. HNC, REME or equivalent)
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a Field Service Engineer (within a Food Environment would be a distinct advantage, but not essential)
- CCNSG Nationally Accredited Safety Passport or similar would be an advantage, but training would be provided
- Full driving license
- Sound knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and mechanical engineering
- Competent PC and IT user
- Valid Passport required
- Basic knowledge in the areas of food safety and ATEX would be an advantage
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.