£50000 - £60000 per annum
16 days ago
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Salary: £50k - £60K
A Global Multi site Freight Forwarder are now seeking an experienced Multimodal Freight Branch Manager to join their expanding organisation based at their Manchester Site.
Their growth and success is testament to the vision that the Directors and Senior Management have had at the company. This, coupled with hard work and sound business decisions is paving the way to become one of the most successful International Freight Providers in the country.
- Salary £50-30k gross pa
- Option of private medical cover
- Car allowance - £600 Per Month - £7200 per year
- Target-driven bonus scheme
- Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week
- Starting holiday 20 days per annum + Bank Holidays
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme (Company contribution 7.5%)
- Death in service
- Perkbox (to include Employee Assistance Programme), Perkbox Medical, Perkbox Rewards & Recognition
- Edenred Eye Care Scheme
- Workplace Nursery Provision
- Salary sacrifice tech benefit
- Long service awards
- Annual performance awards
Reporting to the Director and working closely with the management team.
Direct and manage the multi modal Freight operations staff within your business areas to ensure that they are appropriately resourced, motivated and trained and that they carry out their responsibilities whilst delivering and developing a best-in-class service across all aspects of the operation. Managing and processing Import and Export jobs from quotation to delivery, in line with our primary goal of providing excellence in customer service. Ensure that the set sales and profit targets are met through effective cost and margin management, and vendor selection. Full P+L Responsibility.
Skills and Experience:
* Previous experience in a general management role in a freight or logistics environment is essential
* A results driven, measured and consistent approach coupled with the ability to inspire and motivate
* A track record of success with a methodical and structured approach through continuous improvement and delivering KPI's to effectively challenge the business
* Experienced in the leadership and development of teams, excellent management, communication and organisational skills are essential
* Strong commercials skills and business acumen are necessary as is the ability to identify and maximise opportunity.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing and overseeing the daily site operations, activities and personnel
* Full responsibility for P&L and control of budgetary spend across all areas of the business
* Building and growing strong commercial relationships with key clients to meet their needs
and maximise future opportunities
* Resource plan to ensure all operational tasks are fulfilled productively and effectively
* Determining a site strategy that aligns with both Group and business unit objectives, core values
and ensures excellent customer satisfaction
* Providing strong leadership ensuring the business attracts and develops employees throughout
* Driving operational excellence and best practice across the business
* Playing a key role in Group wide initiatives and all business related programmes
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.