about 1 month ago
12 Apr 00:00
Title: Freight Forwarding Manager - Air & Sea
Division/ Department(s): Operations and Customer Service
Reports to: Branch Manager
Ensure jobs are processed accurately and on time. Management and support of Operations and Customer Service teams. Liaison with internal parties and external suppliers.
- Min 5 years experince in a simalr role within freight forwarding
- Air & Ocean freight experince is essential
- Import & Export experience is essesntial
- Financial - Maximise profit and minimise costs; ensure accurate Cost and Revenue estimates are made against job. Ensure that the company credit control policy is maintained at all times.
- Process Management - Monitor and prioritise branch workload; ensure staff
- follow operational processes and procedures and work effectively as a team; ensure jobs are processed accurately and on time; manage and improve performance, compliance and service quality; irregularity handling - resolve issues arising; ensure SOP's are reviewed and updated. Ensure compliance to UK
- People Management - Support the Branch Manager and deputise as required for work, meetings and deadlines; ensure staff follow Company policies and procedures, including Health & Safety; communicate effectively with team as directed by the Branch Manager and senior management; conduct Performance Assessments of direct reports in line with policy; address staff grievances, disciplinary matters and performance issues in line with policy; manage absence.
- Facility Management - Ensure a good standard of housekeeping is maintained, within area of responsibility.
- Customer Service & Account Management - Ensure that all customer needs and requirements are met and that a proactive Account Management approached is adopted at all times. Key account management, regular visits, growing business, maintaining SOPs and rates. Fully support and implement the "Deep Sell" concept for acquisition of new business. Take on board new business, run with this, bed it in and account manage where appropriate.
- Administration - establish, maintain and store records in line with policy; conduct and review risk assessments in line with policy; prepare and submit reports as required to meet deadlines; attend weekly branch meetings.
- Business Development - development of existing and new business; maintain close relationships with customers; liaise with business development team; attend branch sales meetings; network with trade and commerce organizations. Work with the Business Development team in all aspects of sales and product to ensure effective growth for the branch. Joint calls with sales, ownership of accounts, rate negotiations.
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 pa
Mon - Fri
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.