£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Head of Engineering required to join a growing manufacturer focused on innovation, superior product quality and growing sustainable partnerships.
As the Head of Engineering you will lead the Engineering department of 4 people and will be ultimately responsible for new product development, continually improving the company's existing product line, focusing on quality, efficiency, design and cost.
As the Head of Engineering you will be involved in program planning and strategy as well as budgetary planning and resource management, ensuring on-time delivery and technical innovation is achieved by working closely with the Commercial and Operations leads. You will provide training and support to all departments and will define product and technology roadmaps.
This position requires a strong engineering background, good business acumen with a strong track record of engineering leadership, directing multiple R&D programs across multiple markets.
23 days holiday + bank holidays
- You will be technically responsible for the entire product lifecycle, including new product development from inception through to launch and will be involved in continuous product improvements.
- You will lead and manage a multidisciplinary Engineering team.
- Leadership and management of a multidisciplinary Engineering team, making decisions covering mechanical, electrical, optical and firmware/software areas of development.
- Develop a cohesive and high-performing engineering culture that embraces engineering best practices.
- Lead, motivate and performance manage staff.
- Take ownership of NPI, product development roadmap and product life cycle management.
- Ensure all products are commercially viable, efficient to manufacture and meet the quality and business expectations.
- Enable and participate in quarterly sales meetings.
- Support procurement and supplier selection from technical aspects.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environment matters in conjunction with HSE lead.
- Passionate about quality product design
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional qualifications such as Chartership from recognised institution IMechE or IET
- Minimum of 7 years' experience managing an engineering/technical department in a manufacturing business.
- Detailed knowledge of design for manufacture.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Project management skills, particularly resource scheduling and proven on time project delivery.
- Manufacturing experience in particular experience in casting product industry would be advantageous.
- Lean / six sigma mindset, preferably certified.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.