£50000 - £65000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Head of Infrastructure required to join a global leading telecommunications company based in central Reading. The Head of Infrastructure is critical role within the Field Delivery organisation accountable for the engineering quality and standards across the business's UK operations.
As the successful Head of Infrastructure you will be reporting to the Head of Field Deployment within the Technical Operations Team and will lead a team consisting of Structural Engineer, RF Engineers and Design Engineers.
Salary - £50,000-£66,000
Bonus - 20%
Hybrid working - mix of home and office working
Other benefits TBC
- Provide strategic leadership to develop end to end engineering services and solutions to meet and exceed customer and business current and future requirements
- Engage with pre sales team on large scale bids to understand requirements and ensure proposal is deliverable
- Develop and define new company standards and requirements
- Contribute to product development through the provision of technical knowledge and expertise
- Deliver engineering services within the capital and operational budgets provided, driving efficiency and continuous improvement
- Define requirements and specifications with key stakeholders and ensure solutions are designed and planned to meet or exceed these
- Plan and control resources and contribute to process and policy formation
- Lead the translation of customer concept designs into detailed design, build and test specifications that meet the customer's requirements, within the constraints of the total costs of ownership and operability
- Drive and deliver team engagement
- Will have experience of mixed operations in telecoms (or similar types of industry)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills capable of engaging customers, employees and internal stakeholders.
- Must have a strong engineering background
- Leadership of teams through change is essential - you will have a track record of leading teams, in a complex environment (not necessarily telecoms). Stakeholder management, including with customers is a must.
- A demonstrable delivery track record in a changing and complex environment
- Able to takes initiative, act with confidence and work under own direction.
- Commercial understanding with the ability to add value to customer propositions.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.