£55000 - £65000 per annum
20 days ago
Head of People required to join a fast-growing engineering company based in the Southampton / Winchester area.
The Head of People role will oversee all People related matters, including recruitment, engagement, training & development, and employee rewards / benefits. The Head of People will lead the development, implementation and evaluation of best-in-class People strategies that support the business in achieving its vision, mission and strategic goals.
As the successful Head of People you will develop and maintain an elite and high performing People function within the business and will translate the companies business strategy, and its vision and values into a holistic People strategy, encompassing attraction, recruitment, induction, engagement, reward, retention, cultural development and talent development.
Salary - £55,000-£65,000
37 hours per week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Friday (08:30-16:30)
Flexible working - office/ home
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
Death in service 4x annual salary
Cycle to work scheme
Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
- Act as trusted People business partner to the company and its board of directors.
- Provide strategic and operational advice and ensure People solutions and initiatives support delivery of business goals (short and long term).
- Implement best in class People solutions.
- Lead the talent / succession planning process and ensure robust succession pipelines are in place for all key leadership and business-critical roles.
- Contribute to the design and development of workplace culture / inclusion and change management strategies.
- Leading employee engagement process and analysis of feedback, with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture
- Contribute to organisation structure and development as the business continues to evolve and grow over the next 2-3 years.
- Drive a high-performance culture by challenging management teams to appropriately apply a breadth of performance and development principles when making People planning decisions.
- 10 year's experience leading a 'People' function / team.
- Experience working within engineering industry.
- Relevant People related qualification(s) e.g. CIPD qualified to level 7
- Demonstrated experience in effective human resource management including those related to talent attraction and retention, and organisational design and workplace culture.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in providing quality advice on People related issues, making sound decisions and providing recommendations aligned to business requirements and strategy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a highly matrixed team (both functionally and business wise) with the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate learning agility.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.