£24000 - £36000 per annum
23 days ago
Location: Manchester Airport
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Salary: £24,000 to £36,000 (Negotiable) DOE
My client have been providing innovative logistics, e-commerce and supply chain management services since 1988.
The company is independently owned, continuously challenging itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. With a culture that thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, diversity and relationship building, as well as the desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Reporting to and working with the Operations Manager, the Import Coordinator will work closely with customers, clients and agents and liaise between customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries.
- 20 holiday + bank holidays
- parking on site
- pension after 3 months
- great internal and external training and career progression opportunities
- flexible start and finish times
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the import process
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
- Liaise between Suppliers, Forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management
- Cover the export operations when required
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.