£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
17 days ago
Position: Import Coordinator
Salary £25,000 - £30,000
My client who are a market leading supplier of specialist vehicles and equipment are looking for an Import Coordinator to join their team based in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Responsible for the day to day operations of allocated trades, ensuring profits are maximised and service levels are maintained.
- Minimum 2 years' Import/Export experience dealing with either Air, Road or Sea freight
- Customs Experience - Entries, Clearances, Documentations
- Excellent customer service & organizational skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to use own initiative
- Responsible for the day to day running of allocated Import/Export trades.
- Customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration.
- Facilitate all Freight Movement's for import and export procedures
- Track and trace Customs files
- Ensure documentation is sent timely to the customer or broker for customs purposes.
- Measure, monitor and review performance of allocated trades.
- Interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questions that may arise before, during or after the clearing process.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import of goods.
- Profits to be maximised and highlight areas of concern.
- Be innovative and look to develop and improve allocated trades.
- Manage your own time to the best efficiency for the business.
- Responsible for problem solving, escalating issues to management when necessary.
- Maintain a high level of service, and identify areas of concern.
- Review supplier performance, suggest and implement change where necessary.
- Support colleagues and management as and when required.
- Ensure procedures are followed at all times.
- Make sure company standards are followed.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.