£26000 - £32000 per annum
8 days ago
Industry: International Freight & Logistics
Department: Multi-modal operations- Air, Road and Sea
Hours: 9am to 5.30pm - Monday to Friday
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 (Negotiable) DOE
Our client is a global company with a multicultural and multinational employee base. They are successful freight forwarding, logistics and transport company with 10 offices in the UK and over 30 offices worldwide, involved in all modes of transport and shipping. Established in 1921, they have an impressive track record of major project contracts in the oil & gas, petrochemical, energy and mining industries.
They are currently looking for an experienced and proven freight forwarding operator to work in their Birkenhead office. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a dedicated team in a long established and successful international freight forwarding company.
- Accepting orders from clients and other offices
- Creating files and booking jobs on company IT system
- Preparing and issuing detailed quotations to clients
- Operating import shipments by land/sea/air
- Preparing, controlling and distributing all required import and shipping documents to all parties (client, consignee, supplier, agents, etc.)
- Complying with all regulations and internal procedures
- Proactively informing clients on shipment status and immediate resolution of any deviations or issues
- Finalisation of files including issuing final invoices to client with required documentation in a timely manner
- Ensuring all correct costs allocated to files, including timely passing of supplier's invoices
- Developing good relationships with clients, partners and agents
- Annual pay reviews
- A company bonus scheme
- Internal progression mapping & opportunities
- 20 days annual leave and 8 Bank Holidays
- Parking on-site
- Great access via public transport - 2 minute walk from the train station
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.