£60000 - £75000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Innovation Lead / Innovation Manager required to lead and define 'where we go next?' and 'what does the future look like?'
The mission is to identify and propose innovation projects, gain government funding and develop partnerships with a variety of stakeholders including: government DCMS, universities and research organisations, vendor partners, mobile operators.
This is a new, exciting and autonomous role within the commercial team. A creative thinker with a growth mind set will lead diversification by defining what else our telecoms infrastructure can be used to deliver.
Mobile telecoms infrastructure provider at the cutting edge of technology and a key player in 5G roll out, established in delivering large scale wireless telecoms solutions for customers including who include top 4 MNOs, governments and other public sector organisations and private sector enterprises.
The business is embarking on a huge scale up of operations to meet customer demand and ongoing
- Collaborating with European counterparts, as UK Innovation Lead
- Lead the definition of Innovation Projects scope, goals and deliverables
- A market facing role - build and lead strong relationships and setup high value partnerships with Operators, Vendors, Start-ups, Universities, research centres, governments and other stakeholders to deliver innovation initiatives
- Identify the possible future industry evolution and analyze the ecosystems to find technical solutions and disruptive services
- Perform regular Technology Surveillance to become the technical expert of all the new and future technologies
- Requires around 3 days per week in Warwick, Manchester or Reading HQ or business travel
- A creative thinker, with a growth mind set from a commercial background
- Broad experience of mobile telecoms sector through several years work experience in this space - essential
- Commercial, business development bias with a solid technical or engineering foundation
- Likely to have held positions in business development, product manager, innovation manager.
- To £68,000 basic
- Annual bonus 10% of base
- 25 days holiday, rising 30 days
- Company pension
- Private medical
- Life+ critical health insurance
- Flexible benefits opt-in: e.g. various insurances cover, dental cover, cycle to work
Equipment provided: laptop & peripherals, mobile phone
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.