£30000 - £32000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Lead CNC Machinist / Machine Shop Team Leader - Hands On - Slough - £30,000-£32,000
Lead CNC Machinist / Machine Shop Team Leader required to join a global market leading manufacturer based in Slough.
The successful Lead CNC Machinist / Machine Shop Team Leader will have hands-on experience setting and programming CNC Machines, with experience of Siemens controls, and will have previous experience leading a team of people.
This role would be an excellent fit for applicants wanting to move into a leadership role while remaining hands-on.
The Package:Salary - £30,000-£32,000
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Pension - up to 10% employer contribution
Hours of work - Mon to Thu 8am to 5pm & Fri 8am to 2:30pm
Training and development opportunities
- Supervising six team members
- Hold and lead morning pulse meetings
- Planning and scheduling workflow for seal manufacturing on a daily basis
- Point of contact for all order progressing
- Liaise with branches to ensure production needs are met
- Create purchase orders to obtain materials, tools and equipment
- Programming and operating CNC turning and milling machines
- To machine a range of sealing products in plastics & rubbers
- Carry out inspection, including first off and periodic inspection to authorised levels
- Ensuring all parts are manufactured to drawings and specified tolerances
- CNC Setting, operating and programming skills, ideally with knowledge of Siemens.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead teams
- Able to read, interpret and understand engineering drawings
- This position is ideally suited to persons with experience of Fanuc or Siemens controls
- Will ideally hold an apprenticeship qualification or equivalent, although not essential.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.