£27000 - £33000 per annum
30 days ago
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer required to join a well established manufacturer in the Wakefield area.
The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will support with maintaining and repairing Independent Section Machines, ensuring that they are running efficiently and effectively, and that job changes are carried out to achieve maximum productivity.
The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will also ideally be apprentice trained and have experience carrying out basic welding and / or pipework installations, although training can be provided.
Salary - £27,000 - £33,000 per annum
Pension scheme, with employer contributions matched up to 8%
Working Hours - 07:00-15:00 (Mon-Thurs) 07:00-14:30 (Fri)
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Training and development
- Set up of machines and related equipment on change overs
- Fault-finding on machinery.
- Maintain equipment in accordance with a pre-planned schedule to reduce mechanical malfunctions and maintain effective operations
- Repair equipment coming off the machines ready for reuse to maintain efficiency and reduce downtime
- Carrying out lean manufacturing tasks and projects to improve efficiencies and reduce waste
- Maintain the availability of spare equipment in order to provide an up to date supply
- Comply with company health and safety procedures to maintain a safe working environment
- Apprentice trained Mechanical Engineer.
- Ability to carry out any related work: basic welding, fabrication and pipe work installation.
- Experience of fault-finding.
- Experience of lean manufacturing will be advantageous.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.