about 1 month ago
Maintenance Planner required to work on a 3 month fixed term contract basis for a leading manufacturer in the Luton area to cover a prolonged absence, reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance activities, maintaining the CMMS (API Pro) database and assisting with ensuring maintenance programs are performed and kept up to date to improve the reliability of equipment at the Luton factory.
Salary Depending on experience
Working Hours - 08:00-16:30 (Monday- Friday)
25 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Define, create and communicate schedule for planned maintenance stops.
- Work with maintenance team to define planned and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Maintain accurate metrics on performance of maintenance department to drive Continuous Improvement focus.
- Assist in the development and implementation of maintenance programs to define critical preventive maintenance tasks.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis of machine failures to improve equipment reliability.
- Analysis of planned work orders, including communication of inspections and preventive works to Operations Teams.
- Owner, super user and trainer for factory CMMS (API Pro).
- Point of Contact for Planned and Preventive Maintenance Tasks.
- Extract, monitor and visualise maintenance KPIs.
- Manage the backlog of maintenance activities
- Define and build maintenance pre-kits for maintenance tasks
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical/Electrical or Production Engineering or equivalent and minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a manufacturing/maintenance environment.
- Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills.
- Good Computer skills, Microsoft office, CMMS software (API Pro).
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.