£38000 - £43000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Management Accountant required to join a fast growing engineering business commutable from Eastleigh, Winchester and Southampton. This role is a new position within the business due to continued growth.
The successful Management Accountant will support the Finance Director, in all areas of the business, covering financial accounting and management accounting. This will include journals, FX trading, overseeing payroll, preparing statutory accounts and financial statements, assisting with budgets, forecasting and audit processes.
The role includes the coordination and management of the Finance & Admin team with regards to their daily tasks and line management and ensuring the smooth operation of any projects undertaken within the department.
The Management Accountant will have intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel and
ideally experience using Pegasus Opera, Pegasus CIS and the Pegasus add-on XRL.
Salary - £38,000-£43,000
37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri (08:30-16:30)
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
Flexible working hours
Relocation package offered
- Ensuring the completeness and integrity of the nominal ledger
- Responsibility for the preparation and submission of accounts to trial balance through to management accounts including forecasting.
- Preparation of statutory accounts and budgets
- Provide and interpret financial information using the company's software/system
- Monitor and interpret cash flows, and predict future trends
- Analysis of material variances
- Project costing for long term projects including Work in Progress and IFRS15
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS16- leased asset workings and reconciliations
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as HMRC.
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Line management of other members of the department
- Project manage any new initiatives which fall within the departments remit
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- Strong accounts experience covering all aspects of accounts from processing sales and purchase invoices through to preparing management accounts and beyond.
- Experience working within the finance department for an engineering or manufacturing organisation.
- Management and Project Management skills
- Excellent MS Excel knowledge
- CIMA- Part qualified or fully qualified
- QBE (3+ years)
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.