£38000 - £52000 per annum + + overtime
about 1 month ago
Skilled Mechanical Engineer required to work as a Manufacturing Process Engineer within high speed, high volume Global precision engineering manufacturing organisation in the heart of Luton.
The successful Manufacturing Process Engineer will be given time for training and development into the role so will suit someone looking to progress their career further.
A practical mechanical engineering background is essential for this role. Likely to be apprentice trained and qualified to HNC - essential + degree in mechanical engineering would be helpful.
It is likely you will have served your apprenticeship within in an automotive, pharmaceutical or Food & Bev manufacturing environment which is high volume.
As a Process Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining, developing and optimising key processes to reduce costs, improve quality, reduce machine resetting time, whilst ensuring all aspects of operations are both safe and efficient.
- Salary - £38,000 - £52,000 (DOE)
- Working Hours: 06:00-14:00 (Monday-Friday) and 14:00-22:00 (Monday-Friday) rotating weekly
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 26 after 1 year and 28 days after 5 years)
- 10% STVS (Bonus)
- Pension Scheme - 10% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Health cash-plan scheme
- HNC - essential
- Apprentice trained mechanical / precision engineer - highly likely
- Degree beneficial if as well as above
- Experience working in high volume, high speed production environment - essential
- Experience of lean manufacturing processes such as 5S.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, report writing skills - essential
You will likely have held one of the following positions previously; Process Engineer, Manufacturing
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.