Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£35000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
12 Apr 00:00
Mechanical Design Engineer required to join a heavy engineering manufacturer in the Milton Keynes area.
Due to continued growth my client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer who has experience working in the heavy engineering sector, with experience designing products such as hydraulic machinery, excavators, construction equipment, heavy automation, wind turbines, landing gear or similar.
- Undertake detailed design work on new and existing products in collaboration with the sales team, production and quality personnel, using Solidedge.
- To oversee the new products from quotation through to delivery.
- To maintain appropriate design data, design records and test information.
- Create and maintain bills of materials
- To discuss project and design requirements with customers and suppliers as necessary.
- Regularly liaising with the team of designers to transfer best practice / improvements / concepts.
- Assisting the test and development function.
- Complying with the Health & Safety Policy.
- Proven experience of working in an engineering environment as a mechanical designer.
- A good working knowledge of CAD packages, ideally with experience of Solidedge although training will be offered.
- Understanding of hydraulics and electrical circuits would be an advantage.
- HNC / HND / Degree qualification or similar within mechanical engineering is highly desirable.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.