£25000 - £28000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Location: Manchester Airport
Department: Air and Ocean Exports
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 (Negotiable) DOE
Our client is part of a Global Forwarding brand employing 14000 people across 50+ countries and operating within a network of 40 independent companies.
If your looking for a company where you have the opportunity to make a personal impact and contribute to shared success through finding solutions whatever the challenge, then this could be the role for you!
- Annual performance related bonus
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays increasing with length of service
- On site parking - Free
- Company incentives and Rewards
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Discount Portal
- Company Pension
- Free Eye Tests
General purpose of the position:
- Booking shipments with airlines, ocean carriers and NVOCC's
- Negotiate rates
- Booking of shipments into operating system
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal and external customers
- Follow up shipment status, identify incidents and ensure resolution of incidents
- Create and issue quotations to prospects, customers and overseas offices
- Liaise with origin offices, managing new bookings, receive pre-alerts
- Create jobs in the operating system
- Negotiate terms and rates
- Optimise routes and identify carriers offering better / alternative routes
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.