£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
12 Apr 00:00
NPI Engineer / Project Engineer required to join a growing manufacturer or injection moulded and compressed moulded products local to Farnborough and Guildford.
This NPI Engineer / Project Engineer role requires someone with technical knowledge of Polymer / Injection Moulding / Plastic / Rubber or similar products, ideally who has a degree / HND or similar in a Materials Science or Materials Engineering and experience of new product introduction.
Salary - £35,000-£45,000 (DOE)
Working Hours: 7:00 - 16:30 Monday to Thursday (45-minute lunch break) & 7:00 - 12:00 Friday
Free on-site parking
- Manage and deliver assigned new production introduction (NPI) projects from concept to production.
- Creation of a project plan and action tracker.
- Project managing a multi-functional team to deliver the assigned projects.
- Tool specification and procurement, liaising with suppliers and the shop floor.
- Process design and set up and optimisation.
- Product validation and approval.
- Generation of BOM's and routes.
- Project meets agreed delivery, cost and quality targets.
- Support the cross functional team in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Support continuous improvement activities.
- Support the estimating process.
- Ideally educated to HNC / HND / Degree level in Polymer Science / Materials Science / Materials Engineering.
- Manufacturing background within the rubber industry with exposure to lean methodology and complex problem-solving skills.
- Project management/engineering experience would be highly desirable.
- Must have experience of new product introduction (NPI) or new product development (NPD).
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.