£27000 - £32000 per annum
29 days ago
Position: Ocean Export Account Manager
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30am - 17:00pm
Salary: 27,000 - £32,000
Free On site Parking
23 Days holiday + 8 BH
New Modern Office Environment
Monthly bonus scheme
We are an award winning independently owned freight forwarding organisation specialising in bespoke tailored global logistics services.
We have over 40 years expertise within the logistics industry and are now seeking to expand our dedicated, friendly team based from out central UK offices in Leeds.
Main point of contact for allocated clients ensuring their business needs are met on a day to day basis, providing a full export service to them and other customers and agents, whilst working as a team member within the export department and office.
- Develop and maintain strong, professional relationships with allocated clients and suppliers to grow new and existing business.
- Work closely with colleagues as part of a dynamic team to ensure all aspects of work within the department is covered professionally and efficiently.
- Share relevant information with colleagues and assist with training of new members of staff.
- Negotiate rates, LCL/FCL/Airfreight/RoRo/Road freight, with shipping lines/suppliers, providing your customers with quotations within set guidelines, maximising profits achieved, whilst maintaining the integrity of the relationship. Following up on quotes issued and renegotiating if necessary.
- Make bookings in accordance with instructions received from the customer. Ensure that information is recorded accurately on all relevant export systems and that the information is kept current and up to date.
- Monitor the shipment throughout, liaising with all parties, keeping your customer updated, ensuring instructions (and changes) are confirmed in writing to all. Any serious/potentially serious issues with a shipment must be bought to the attention of GM/Directors at the earliest opportunity.
- Complete NES declarations/export documentation/instructions, including full L/C preparation where necessary, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and send invoices, check and authorise purchase invoices for payment.
- Be alert to any sales opportunities and develop under guidance of GM/Directors.
- Exercise proper file management to ensure easily retrievable files/documents.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Carry out general office duties as required or directed.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.