£23000 - £26000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sea Freight Coordinator required for leading Freight Forwarder based in Birmingham.
The Sea Freight Coordinator MUST have Sea Freight experience and have a strong customer services background.
You will be working closely with the Pricing Team, BDM's and colleagues to ensure clients receive the best in class customer service. Along with general operations this will also be involved in the direct communication with customers and suppliers via email and phone
Salary £22K - £26K dependent on experience.
24 days holidays, plus 8 bank holidays
08:30 - 17:00 Mon - Fri
The Experience required:
* Previous experience in Seafreight is essential with working knowledge / experience in import operations
* Excellent communicator and dedication to excellent customer service are required
* Attention to detail with a passion for customer service is critical to this role
* Time management skills are essential as are communication (phone and writing) skills
* You will have the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure
The Role :
* Receive inbound calls from within the branches, client base and either redirect the call to the relevant employee or, if they are away from the office, deal with their call correctly to satisfy the customer's needs
* Manage Sea freight import operations right from receipt of booking, arranging collection and booking cargo with carriers/NVOCC operators and overseas agents
* Prepare documentation for import clearance in-order to forward same to in-house clearing agents and then keeping track of entries, arranging deliveries in-time
* Credit check on accounts in-line with company policy
* Deal with invoicing/job costings to customers in a timely and accurate manner and investigating any discrepancies that arise on those invoices
* Deal with shipping lines, overseas agents, making sure that ultimate customer service is always met
* Ensure that the client receives excellent customer service and the team comply to import operational procedures and in-line with company policy
* Complete KPI and shipment tracking reports for customers
* Deal with the passing of our supplier's invoices in line with the agreed cost and investigating any discrepancies
* Work within the Europa framework at all times
* Respect the office Health and Safety guidelines
* Perform any other duty as dictated by your manager, from time-to-time.
Experience with a Freight Forwarder
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.