about 1 month ago
Position: Ocean Import Coordinator FCL/LCL
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am - 17:00pm
25 days holiday + bank holidays
My client are a privately owned Independent freight forwarding and International logistics provider based in Wakefield.
Operating Sea, Air and Road freight services for over 40 years, the core import and export business has gone from strength to strength and has seen accelerated growth in recent years.
We are now looking for an individual experienced in Freight Forwarding in particular, Ocean Imports, to join our evolving team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in import FCL & LCL procedures, working within International Freight Forwarding.
This is a demanding position and will require meticulous attention to detail so previous experience is essential.
- Dealing with a variety of commodities for all shipments
- Be able to handle the whole life cycle of the shipment from clearance to delivery to the customer
- Complete day to day customs clearance and entries for all ocean and some air freight shipments
- Arrange delivery onward to the client
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
- Liaise with overseas agents and hauliers
- Build good working relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Arrange shipments for FCL & LCL
- You will need to have at least 3 years experience in freight forwarding
- Experience using Cargowise systems
- Experience of inputting into CHIEF
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.