10 days ago
Position: Import Manager
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Salary: £40,000 + DOE
Are you keen to build strong relationships with Customers and have experience in the Freight Industry? If so, this could be the role for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Import Operations Manager to join us based at our Bradford Head Office. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
We offer a complete end to end supply chain service, from source to shelf, covering all aspects of supply chain management, global logistics, fulfilment and value added services, allowing our customers to maximise the opportunities that exist in today's technology-enabled marketplace. Using our unique intelligent supply chain model, we design innovative solutions to complex challenges, unlock new opportunities, and speed up and streamline existing processes by removing complexity from the supply chain. It all adds up to providing a service that is "Better, Faster, Cheaper" than our competitors.
As our Import Manager you will proactively support the Operations Director and oversee the activity of the Key Account Manager personnel. You will direct and optimise the business' most valued customers, providing effective communication, leadership motivation, training and development in line with the requirements of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain high-level accounts, including monitoring sales performance and promoting engagement
- Manage and lead the team to successfully meet customer Service Level Agreements
- Ensure business required targets are achieved within set timeframes
- Effectively plan and manage workloads of the team
- Map Key Accounts and monitor competitor activities for the purpose of informed strategy
- Understand the customers' needs and facilitate change to ensure the customers' needs are met
- Proactively help, support and train the team in terms of performance, welfare and conduct
- Offer input & foresight into the IT system to encourage development
- Understand customers IT Requirements with the intention to get them setup on the system
- Using improvement tools with the team to continuously look at how to make things "better, faster, cheaper"
- Conduct research and gather data on the consumer, market and competitor activity
- Monitor and regularly report performance and productivity of the team against KPI's
- At least 5 years' experience as a Key Account Manager within a fast-paced and highly competitive freight forwarding environment
- A good knowledge of the Freight Forwarding industry and understanding of the market context
- Successful experience in high value client acquisition & satisfaction (desirable)
- Previous experience of working with Cargo wise or similar Freight Forwarding management systems
- Ability to show an understanding of analytics & useful insights that enable acquisition & retention
- Good people management, leadership & influential skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal & written
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft products, in particular word, excel and outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Competent in Maths & English. GCSE's grade A-C, or equivalent
- Industry qualification (desirable)
Benefits Available Are
- Staff discounts - up to 30% discount with ASOS (after 6 months employment)
- Employee of the month awards (£50 Love2shop vouchers)
- Seasonal fun events & give aways
- Free tea and coffee
- Onsite parking
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.