Up to £10.96 per hour
3 days ago
This is a long term ongoing role.
Hours and Pay
2230 - shift approx 9 hours
£10.96 per hour
Operational 7 days a week - Must be available to work 5 out of 7.
The role of the Operative is to support the sorting of parcels received into the depot and distributed back out maintaining the highest of standards on site at all times, in line with Company procedures.
To assist in the building of the strategic goals of the business and Clients, embracing values.
* To ensure parcels are received into and dispatched out of the service centre ensuring your area of the sortation meets the service level agreements.
* Responsible for correctly sorting and scanning parcels both manually and possibly using a hand held device as directed including, but not limited to;
o Spot checking for miss sorted parcels incorrectly received
o Checking parcels for damage following the correct process
o Safe loading and unloading of trailers
* Manually manoeuvring of parcels cages around the depot following health and safety guidelines
* To ensure the Service Centre remains clean, safe and clear of unnecessary obstructions at all times
* Where necessary and where suitably trained - Operate a Fork Lift Truck, Pump Truck, etc. (where required and suitably trained)
* At all times maintaining health and safety in line with legal regulations and company policy and procedures
* Reporting to the Line Manager, the job holder will perform other tasks as and when the occasion arises
You must have safety boots.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy