£50 - £57 per hour
21 days ago
"Split Office / WFH available for the right Candidate".
Principal Design Engineer needed to join a stable, established and growing engineering company who specialise in the design and build of special purpose equipment for highly regulated industries based just outside of Southampton.
My client is working in a niche market and offer bespoke design solutions, working from concept stage through to assembly and test. Due to continued growth and a growing pipeline of orders my client is looking for a Principal Design Engineer to join their team on a contract basis for a minimum of 6 months.
The successful Principal Design Engineer will have experience of hand calcs and / or FEA techniques and will have experience designing hot-cell's, containment chambers (e.g. glove-boxes), shield isolators, special purpose machinery (SPM) or remote handling equipment. All successful candidates must be eligible for SC clearance.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Day to day management of the technical aspects of allocated projects working with a team of engineers or as an individual. Work should be carried out with minimal to no supervision, but with regular consultation with the Head of Department
- Day to day tasking of any allocated engineers
- Analyse and understand technical tender specifications, producing the technical aspects of tender returns and creating accurate tender design estimates
- Peer review of concept designs, 3D CAD scheme designs, detailed manufacturing drawings and design substantiation by hand calculations.
- Substantiation (by hand calculation) of engineering designs
- Development of the engineering resource, development and implementation of internship and apprenticeship programmes
- Production of concept designs, full 3D scheme design and 2D detail design for manufacture within SolidWorks all within the required timescales
- Good engineering calculations ability. (Hand calcs, MathCAD, Ansys, FEA experience)
- Will ideally hold a Degree, HNC/HND qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience working in the Defence, Nuclear Medical, Pharmaceutical, Nuclear, Subsea, Oil & Gas or a similar highly regulated industry.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain SC clearance.
- Will have experience designing hot-cell's, containments e.g. gloveboxes and fume hoods, shield facilities, containment facilities, isolators, special purpose machinery or remote handling equipment.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately WR Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy