£45000 - £64000 per annum
15 days ago
Principal Electrical Controls and Instrumentation Engineer required to join a fast-growing engineering company based near Winchester and Eastleigh.
The successful Principal EC&I Engineer will be responsible for the provision of electrical engineering elements associated with success delivery of machine design and build projects. Working as part of a project team, you will manage electrical design output of the companies sub-contractors, from concept to validation, support project managers to ensure outsourced EC&I design meets requirement.
The successful Principal EC&I Engineer will ideally have previous experience within the nuclear, defence, oil & gas or another highly regulated industry.
Salary - £45,000-£64,000
37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri (08:30-16:30)
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
Flexible working hours
Relocation package offered
- Managing and outsourcing of EC&I design and build project elements.
- Work alongside design engineers to ensure designs are fit for purpose and identify design solutions.
- Peer review of sub-contractor produced drawings and documentation against project specification requirements.
- Help develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients and suppliers, including the identification, assessment, and integration of new EC&I sub-contractors.
- Project conclusion and integration
- Witnessing factory acceptance tests and projects sign off.
- Attending bid reviews with respect to engineering estimates.
- Supporting the scheduling and tasking information to the Lead Engineers and Project Managers to support project delivery.
- To assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure smooth running of the engineering department.
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of all phases of a project life cycle.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to use 2D drawing package, preferably AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of principles of electrical safety, such as the 18th Edition and BS EN 13849
- Experience working within highly regulated industry.
- Must be eligible to obtain SC clearance as a minimum.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.