£45000 - £64000 per annum
about 2 months ago
"Split Office / WFH available for the right Candidate".
Principle Design Engineer needed to join a stable, established and growing engineering company who specialise in the design and build of special purpose equipment for highly regulated industries based just outside of Southampton.
My client is working in a niche market and offer bespoke design solutions, working from concept stage through to assembly and test. Due to continued growth and a growing pipeline of orders my client is looking to add 10 Design Engineers to their current team over the next 6 months.
The successful Principle Design Engineer will have experience of hand calcs and / or FEA techniques and will have experience designing hot-cell's, containment chambers (e.g. glove-boxes), shield isolators, special purpose machinery (SPM) or remote handling equipment. All successful candidates must be eligible for SC clearance.
My client offer great career development and progression opportunities and the chance to work alongside an enthusiastic and dynamic team. They also offer a generous relocation package for anyone moving to the area for work.
Salary - £45,000-£64,000
37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri (08:30-16:30)
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
Flexible working hours
Relocation package offered
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Day to day management of the technical aspects of allocated projects working with a team of engineers or as an individual. Work should be carried out with minimal to no supervision, but with regular consultation with the Head of Department
- Day to day tasking of any allocated engineers
- Analyse and understand technical tender specifications, producing the technical aspects of tender returns and creating accurate tender design estimates
- Peer review of concept designs, 3D CAD scheme designs, detailed manufacturing drawings and design substantiation by hand calculations.
- Substantiation (by hand calculation) of engineering designs
- Development of the engineering resource, development and implementation of internship and apprenticeship programmes
- Production of concept designs, full 3D scheme design and 2D detail design for manufacture within SolidWorks all within the required timescales
- Good engineering calculations ability. (Hand calcs, MathCAD, Ansys, FEA experience)
- Will ideally hold a Degree, HNC/HND qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience working in the Defence, Nuclear Medical, Pharmaceutical, Nuclear, Subsea, Oil & Gas or a similar highly regulated industry.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain SC clearance.
- Will have experience designing hot-cell's, containments e.g. glove-boxes and fume hoods, shield facilities, special purpose machinery or remote handling equipment.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.