£49000 - £54000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Principle Engineer required to join a thriving engineering company based 8 minutes from Winchester.
As the successful Principle Engineer you will be responsible for the successful execution of design engineering projects, technical tender preparations and tender design estimates. You will also work with the Engineering Manager, to manager, develop and recruit the Company's engineering resource.
Experience of hand calcs and / or FEA techniques is essential for this role and it is highly desirable that the successful candidate has experience designing pressure vessels, lifting equipment (cranes & hoists), special purpose machinery, remote handling equipment or similar. All successful candidates must be eligible for SC clearance.
Salary - £49,000-£54,000
37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri (08:30-16:30)
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
Flexible working hours
Relocation package offered
- To lead and progress the technical delivery of engineering projects.
- To technically support the Commercial Department.
- To produce engineering designs and associated engineering documents.
- Peer review of engineering output.
- Day to day management of the technical aspects of allocated projects working with a team of engineers or as an individual. Work should be carried out with minimal to no supervision.
- Analyse and understand technical tender specifications, producing the technical aspects of tender returns and creating accurate tender design estimates.
- Peer review of concept designs, 3D CAD scheme designs, detailed manufacturing drawings and design substantiation by hand calculations.
- Substantiation (by hand calculation) of engineering designs.
- Production of concept designs, full 3D scheme design and 2D detail design for manufacture within SolidWorks all within the required timescales.
- Demonstrable track record in engineering design using SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD
- Technical and commercial acumen
- Very strong mechanical engineering (or similar) background
- Exposure to, and understanding of, a wide range of manufacturing processes
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Chartered Engineer IMechE preferred
- Significant experience and references in engineering design activities in a highly regulated environment
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.