£44000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Process Engineer required to join a well established manufacturing organisation in the heart of Luton. The successful Process Engineer will have an Apprenticeship / HNC or equivalent qualification and will have experience of lean manufacturing and process improvements supporting the maintenance function on site as well as other departments.
The successful Process Engineer will be responsible for maintaining, developing and optimising key processes to reduce costs, improve quality, reduce machine resetting time, whilst ensuring all aspects of operations are both safe and efficient, supporting the maintenance team and other functions within the business.
Salary - £44,000 - £50,000
Working Hours 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00 (rotating weekly)
25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 26 after 1 year and 28 days after 5 years)
Pension Scheme - 10% employer contribution
Annual salary reviews
Health cash-plan scheme
- Support and liaise with all manufacturing personnel to aid the successful resolution of issues in daily manufacturing activities.
- Maintain, develop and optimise key processes.
- Support and prepare capital investment requests by producing technical specifications and assisting with the approval process.
- Liaise with management to investigate actual and potential risks/obsolescence and succession plans/improvement opportunities.
- Design, evaluate, lead and implement and commission projects within time and cost constraints.
- Train and support employee's knowledge, competency and flexibility within the production and maintenance teams.
- Actively participate in 5s and Lean manufacturing activities, working closely with other departments to support continuous improvements.
- Liaise with external contractors to assist in the development and repair of all machinery/plant.
- Communicate presentations and technical reports, both verbally and in writing.
- Degree qualified or with an apprenticeship and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience and relevant qualification (HNC).
- A background in mechanical maintenance is highly desirable.
- Experience of lean manufacturing processes such as 5S.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.