£57000 - £80000 per annum
27 days ago
Project Engineering Manager required to join a thriving engineering company that specialises in bespoke special purpose machinery for highly regulated industries.
As the successful Project Engineering Manager you will work with the Lead Engineer and will lead the multi-discipline engineering team, including subcontractors, through the turnkey process, with responsibility for time, cost and quality. In addition, you will provide input and support to the Engineering Manager to develop all areas of an ever-expanding Engineering department.
You much have a proven track record of leadership and management within the design department and have worked in a highly regulated industry previously such as defence, nuclear, oil & gas, subsea, pharmaceutical or similar.
Salary - £57,000-£80,000
37 hours per week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Friday (08:30-16:30)
Flexible working - office/ home
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
Death in service 4x annual salary
Cycle to work scheme
Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
- Accountability for overall engineering progress, resource management and client engagement on an assigned project.
- Oversight responsibility for the technical output of the project's suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure cost effective, on time and fit for purpose output.
- Technical and line management of the engineering team for an assigned project.
- Day to day review and reporting of technical progress on an assigned project, both internally and to external stakeholders.
- Support the Engineering Manager and Engineering Leadership Team in aspects of running and continuously improving the Engineering department.
- In their absence, deputise for the Lead Engineer on all technical matters.
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable track record in engineering design management with a demonstrable track record in engineering team leadership including recruitment, motivation, and development.
- Experience within the nuclear or another highly regulated industry e.g. oil & gas, subsea, defence, pharmaceutical.
- Ideally experience working with a contractor or sub-contractor to a nuclear industry client.
- Very strong technical and commercial acumen.
- Experience with NEC forms of contract desired.
- Security cleared or able to achieve SC and DV vetting
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.