about 1 month ago
Position: Senior Sea Freight Operator
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:30am - 17:00pm
25 days holiday + 8 BH
Additional Benefits Including Smart Working
Are you an experienced Logistics Proseaional working within Freight Forwarding looking for a new and exciting challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity available for a motivated Senior Sea Freight Specialist to join our Freight Forwarding team based in Bradford. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus benefits package.
The Company Group offer a complete end-to-end supply chain service, from source to shelf, covering all aspects of supply chain management, global logistics, fulfilment, and value-added services, allowing customers to maximise the opportunities that exist in today's technology-enabled marketplace. Using unique intelligent supply chain model, we design innovative solutions to complex challenges, unlock new opportunities, and speed up and streamline existing processes by removing complexity from the supply chain. It all adds up to providing a service that is "Better, Faster, Cheaper" than our competitors.
We live and breathe our Values by being Innovative and Agile in everything we do, operating our business with Respect, investing in our People and putting the Customer 1st whilst ensuring Quality is embedded in everything we do.
As our Key Account Manager, you will manage and develop the business relationship between the company and your assigned accounts, both existing and new.
- Managing and actively seeking to build a good relationship with any new customer assigned to you
- Managing the processing of Sea Freight import consignments in line with an agreed standard operating procedure, ensuring the achievement of internal Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Overseeing the regular update and completion of pricing for your allocated customers
- Creating ad hoc pricing for new business and new business opportunities and working in co-operation with the Commercial team to deliver these to your allocated or new customers
- Managing an agreed number of your allocated customers under the agreed operating procedures
- Monitoring the profitability of your allocated accounts, seeking opportunities to increase the profitability and the GP/TEU performance of your allocated customers
- Managing all Customs processes necessary for the import of shipments by sea or air for your allocated customers, managing the collection of VAT/Duty payments in line with company policy and procedures
- Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the relevant overseas agents to ensure they are aware of your customers' sourcing and shipping requirements
- Making occasional visits to allocated customers as part of a review process or in response to a customer request
- Actively participating in the internal communication and briefing process, and/or the weekly meetings
- Maintaining a high level of understanding of your customers' business, being able to suggest and deliver initiatives that will benefit those customers and assist in the longer-term retention of them
- Keeping yourself informed and updated on any changes within the current marketplace that may impact your customers
Skills and experience required:
- Direct Industry experience with a background in Sea Freight Operations
- Experience using Cargowise ONE
- Experience managing Key Accounts
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- A good understanding of the market context
- A well-networked individual
- A high level of business and commercial acumen
- High commercial focus and the ability to maximise opportunities for the business and the customer
- Strong awareness of import/export sea freight operations
- A high drive to deliver excellent customer service
If you want to start a new journey as our Key Account Manager, click apply now - we look forward to hearing from you!
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.