£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Senior Customs Brokerage Associate - Felixstowe-£30K-£35K DOE
A Global Freight Forwarding company are looking for a Senior Customs Brokerage Associate to join their Customs logistics team in Felixstowe.
The Company is not worried at all about the effects of the Pandemic. They have not let anyone go or furloughed any staff. They are taking advantage of other companies concerns to grow their business. This has continued throughout the pandemic.
Customs experience is essential. You will need experience within imports or exports and have an understanding of current laws and regulations to do with customs.
They are company that values its people and offers great stability, work life balance and opportunities to develop! They have numerous sites across the UK as well as across the rest of the world.
- Salary £30K to £35k gross pa
- Non-guaranteed bonus scheme
- Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week 9-5
- Starting holiday 21 days per annum + Bank Holidays (raises each year)
* Complete all Customs entries from start to finish for imports and exports
* Liaise with Port Health and Customs officials on document checks
* Checking import tariffs and trade agreements Dealing transport - Road
* Dealing with a variety of commodities
* Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
* Build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Complete customs procedures codes and excise
* Raise issues of non-compliance and ensure remedial action is completed in accordance with customs regulations and UK/ International law
* Ensure all invoicing (notably VAT and Duty invoices) is completed in a timely manner
Key Skills Required:
* Knowledge of Customs with an import and export experience.
* Strong understanding of tariff classifications and BTI's
* Previous experience with Customs software
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.