£65000 - £80000 per annum + inc 20% Bonus
about 1 month ago
Head of Infrastructure / Senior Engineering Manager required to join a global leading telecommunications company based in central Reading. The Head of Infrastructure is critical role within the Field Delivery organization accountable for the end to end engineering requirements of every one of the 8,000 or so telecoms mast sites across the country.
Can be Reading, Birmingham or Manchester based.
As Head of Infrastructure you will report to the Head of Field Deployment within the Technical Operations Team.
With significant influence, this role will hook into the best practice from across the wider group to ensure what is delivered meets the demands of customers and long term engineering strategy. Quality, Policy, Analysis and innovation are at the heart of this role as well as leading a team of experts for design, structural engineering, RF (radio frequency), CAD drawing.
You will engage directly with customers to ensure a commercial element to your role.
Salary - to around £66,000
Bonus - 20%
3 days office based, 2 days from home.
* Provide strategic leadership to develop end to end engineering services and solutions to meet and exceed customer requirements
* Engage with pre sales team on large scale bids
* Develop and define new company standards
* Contribute to product development
* Deliver engineering services within the capital and operational budgets provided, driving efficiency and continuous improvement
* Define requirements and specifications
* Plan and control resources and contribute to process and policy formation
* Lead the translation of customer concept designs into detailed design, build and test specifications that meet the customers' requirements, within the constraints of the total costs of ownership and operability
* A strong engineering background is essential and you will be a degree qualified engineer, possibly chartered.
* Broad large scale engineering experience covering multiple disciplines i.e. civils, structural, M&E
* Large scale engineering projects such as within utilities installations or telecoms
* Leadership of multi-discipline engineering teams and leadership through change
* Examples of innovation and challenging widely accepted norms
* Customer facing and commercial experience
Held a similar manager or head level position: Head of Engineering Services, Infrastructure Manager, Design & Build Manager, Senior Engineering Manager
This is a challenging and demanding position in a fast-moving and highly ambitious organisation.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.