£42000 - £49000 per annum
15 days ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer needed to join a stable, established and growing engineering company based just outside of Southampton.
My client is working in a niche market and offer bespoke design solutions, working from concept stage through to assembly and test. Due to continued growith and a growing pipeline of orders my client is looking to add 10 Design Engineers to their current team over the next 6 months.
The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience of hand calcs and / or FEA techniques and will have experience designing pressure vessels, lifting equipment (cranes & hoists), special purpose machinery, remote handling equipment or similar. All successful candidates must be eligible for SC clearance.
My client offer great career development and progression opportunities and the chance to work alongside an enthusiastic and dynamic team. They also offer a generous relocation package for anyone moving to the area for work.
Salary - £42,000-£49,000
37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri (08:30-16:30)
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
Flexible working hours
Relocation package offered
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Production of engineering concepts and technical solutions.
- To produce engineering designs and associated engineering documents (such as drawings, calculations, reports) and ensure they are completed within the required timescales.
- To progress small and medium sized engineering projects, as allocated or working as part of a team on larger projects. In both cases.
- Project work, in addition to design, will include all aspects of the design process such as draughting and testing of products.
- Good engineering calculations ability. (Hans calcs, Ansys, FEA experience)
- Will ideally hold a Degree, HNC/HND qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience working in the defence, nuclear or a similar highly regulated industry would be advantageous.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain SC clearance.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.