£45 - £53 per hour
21 days ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer needed to join a stable, established and growing engineering company who specialise in the design and build of special purpose equipment for highly regulated industries based just outside of Southampton.
My client is working in a niche market and offer bespoke design solutions, working from concept stage through to assembly and test. Due to continued growth and a growing pipeline of orders my client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join them on a contract basis for a minimum of 6 months.
The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience of hand calcs and / or FEA techniques and will ideally have experience designing hot-cell's, containment chambers (e.g. glove-boxes), shield isolators, special purpose machinery (SPM), remote handling equipment or will; have worked within the defence, subsea or nuclear industry previously. All successful candidates must be eligible for SC clearance.
This role is office based but there may be some flexibility regarding a split of remote and office working for the right person.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Production of engineering concepts and technical solutions.
- To produce engineering designs and associated engineering documents (such as drawings, calculations, reports) and ensure they are completed within the required timescales.
- To progress small and medium sized engineering projects, as allocated or working as part of a team on larger projects. In both cases.
- Project work, in addition to design, will include all aspects of the design process such as draughting and testing of products.
- Good engineering calculations ability. (Hand calcs, MathCAD, Ansys, FEA experience)
- Will ideally hold a Degree, HNC/HND qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience working in the Defence, Nuclear Medical, Pharmaceutical, Nuclear, Subsea, Oil & Gas or a similar highly regulated industry.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain SC clearance.
- Will have experience designing hot-cell's, containments e.g. glove-boxes and fume hoods, shield facilities, special purpose machinery or remote handling equipment.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately WR Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy