£35000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Position: Senior Sea Freight Operator - Key Accounts
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:30am - 17:00pm
25 days holiday + 8 BH
Additional Benefits Including Smart Working
Are you an experienced Logistics Professional working within Freight Forwarding looking for a new and exciting challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity available for a motivated Senior Sea Freight Specialist to join our client's Freight Forwarding team based in Bradford. You will join a rapidly growing freight team, on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus benefits package.
The Company Group offer a complete end-to-end supply chain service, from source to shelf, covering all aspects of supply chain management, global logistics, fulfilment, and value-added services.
Our client live & breathe their core company Values by being Innovative and Agile in everything they do, operating our business with Respect, investing in our People and putting the Customer 1st whilst ensuring Quality is embedded across the business.
As our Senior Sea Freight Operator, you will manage and develop Key Accounts & the business relationships between the companies assigned to you, both existing and new.
- Be able to handle the whole life cycle of the shipment from clearance to delivery to the customer .
- Managing and actively seeking to build a good relationship with any new customer assigned to you.
- Managing the processing of Sea Freight import consignments in line with an agreed standard operating procedure, ensuring the achievement of internal Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Overseeing the regular update and completion of pricing for your allocated customers
- Creating ad hoc pricing for new business and new business opportunities and working in co-operation with the Commercial team to deliver these to your allocated or new customers
- Managing an agreed number of your allocated customers under the agreed operating procedures
- Maintaining a high level of understanding of your customers' business, being able to suggest and deliver initiatives that will benefit those customers and assist in the longer-term retention of them
- Direct Industry experience with a background in Sea Freight Operations
- Experience using Cargowise ONE
- Experience managing Key Accounts
- A high level of business and commercial acumen
- High commercial focus and the ability to maximise opportunities for the business and the customer
- Strong experience of import/export sea freight operations
- A high drive to deliver excellent customer service
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.