£45000 - £57000 per annum
about 2 months ago
A rapidly growing supplier of special purpose machinery and remote handling equipment is looking for a Senior Stress Engineer to join their growing engineering team. The successful Senior Stress Engineer will have a wealth of experience of Hand Calcs (hand calculations) and will ideally have experience of BS2573 and BSEN13001 codes. Stress Engineers who have experience working in a crane manufacturing environment or with lifting equipment will be highly sought after for this role.
The positions offers a great career path for anyone interested in managing a team in the future. My client also offers a generous relocation package for anyone looking to move to the area for work.
Salary - £45,000-£57,000
37 hours a week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 and Fri (08:30-16:30)
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Death in service 4x annual salary
Flexible working hours
Relocation package offered
- Supervision, verification and production of design deliverables
- To support the Project Manager in technical discussion with Clients
- The Stress Engineer will be required to carry out defined calculations to determine the acceptability of a structural or mechanical component to a specified code/standard.
- Interface co-ordination with other engineering disciplines
- Adherence to relevant company policies and procedures
- The Stress Engineer will be able to present calculations and results in a manner suitable for auditing and approval
- They will undertake analysis tasks, particularly the design and analysis of mechanisms and structures.
- Lead discussions with internal and external customers and suppliers in order to ensure that programmes are delivered to specification, cost and time
- The Stress engineer will establish the detailed requirements of analysis assignments and formulate day-to-day plans to meet the objectives and timescales set by the supervisor.
- Undertaking analysis tasks, particularly in relation to mechanical plant and systems, as required using appropriate calculations and tools, using own knowledge and experience, but recognising the need for consulting other discipline specialists, both internal and external to the engineering department and initiating this action through the supervisor.
- Undertaking a validation/verification of calculations and designs, in accordance with company procedures.
- Must be a able to obtain SC Clearance
- Engineering degree, preferably Mechanical Engineering (would consider Structural Engineering)
- Experience within the Nuclear, Defence or similar industry would be highly beneficial.
- Working knowledge and experience of Crane standards / codes BS2573 and BSEN13001
- Expert knowledge of hand calculations
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.